Baseball isn’t just for guys. The International Women’s Baseball Center plans to make that clear at their 2015 Women’s Baseball Symposium. The event, to be held at Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory on Saturday, September 5th, will feature panel sessions with prominent women in the baseball field, as well as a special autograph session.
“We are delighted to host this event featuring some of the women who are true trailblazers in the field of baseball,” said Anne Jewell, Vice President and Executive Director of LSMF. “Many baseball fans, and guests to our museum, are women, and we’d love to see more women continue to ramp up their involvement with the game.”
The itinerary for the day:
· 10 a.m. – Welcome and introduction
· 10:30 a.m. – Keynote address (Tori Murden McClure)
· 11:30 a.m. – Panel on the future of women in baseball
· 12:30 p.m. – Break for lunch
· 1:30 p.m. – Panel on the history and legacy of women’s baseball
· 3 p.m. – Autograph session in the main museum
The public is invited to attend this free event.